Please read these terms of service (“terms”, “terms of service”) carefully before using [www.opendialogue.co.za] Open Dialogue (the/our “service”) operated by [Dialogue SA (pty) ltd] (“us”, ‘we”, “our”).
When we refer to (“insights”, “user insights”) we are referring to the socio-economic solution report we compile based off user input/dialogue and which is sold as a solutions-based product/service. The service extends to our social media pages or any other official account/platform representing Open Dialogue [Dialogue SA (pty) ltd].
Conditions of Use
We will provide these services to you, which are subject to the conditions stated below in this document. Every time you visit this website, use its services, or visit/use our social media pages, you accept the following conditions. Therefore, we urge you to read them carefully.
Content published on this website or our social media pages (digital downloads, images, videos, texts, graphics, logos) is the property of Open Dialogue and/or its content creators and protected by international copyright laws. The entire compilation of the content found on this website or official social media is the exclusive property of Open Dialogue, with copyright authorship for this compilation by Open Dialogue.
The entire communication with us is electronic. Every time you send us an email or visit our website, you are going to be communicating with us. You hereby consent to receive communications from us. If you subscribe to the news on our website, you are going to receive regular emails from us. We will continue to communicate with you by posting news and notices on our website and by sending you emails. You also agree that all notices, disclosures, agreements, and other communications we provide to you electronically meet the legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
By visiting this website, you agree that the laws of the Republic of South Africa, without regard to principles of conflict laws, will govern these terms of service, or any dispute of any sort that might come between Open Dialogue and you, or its business partners and associates.
Any dispute related in any way to your visit to this website or it’s services from us shall be arbitrated by state or federal court in the Republic of South Africa and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
Comments, Reviews, and Emails
Visitors may post content if it is not obscene, illegal, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or injurious in any other way to third parties. Content must be free of software viruses, political campaign, and commercial solicitation.
We reserve all rights (but not the obligation) to remove and/or edit such content. When you post your content, you grant Open Dialogue non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, publish, modify such content throughout the world in any media.
License and Site Access
We grant you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website. You are not allowed to download or modify it. This may be done only with written consent from us.
If you are an owner of an account on this website, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your private user details (username and password). You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password.
We reserve all rights to terminate accounts, edit or remove content and cancel orders in their sole discretion.
Cookies on Open Dialogue
What is a cookie?
- When you go online, you use a program called a “browser” (like Apple’s Safari or Google’s Chrome). Most websites store a small amount of text in the browser—and that text is called a “cookie.” Other technologies function similarly to collect data about your browsing activity. This policy refers to these technologies collectively as “cookies.”
We use session cookies (that last until you close your browser) or persistent cookies (that last until you or your browser delete them). For example, we use persistent cookies to store your language preferences or other settings, so you do not have to set them up every time you visit Open Dialogue.
Some of the cookies we use are associated with your Open Dialogue account (including information about you, such as the email address you gave us) and other cookies are not.
- We have four categories of cookies:
- Essential cookies are required so Open Dialogue works in the way you expect. Examples of these types of cookies are login cookies which keep you logged in as you scroll through Open Dialogue or search for topics.
- Analytics cookieswhich are used for internal analytics and include cookies from providers like Google Analytics.
- Personalization cookiesfor customizing content, including ads, presented to you on Open Dialogue.
- Marketing cookieswhich are used as advertising/marketing information or for user/consumer insights off Open Dialogue.
What we do with the cookies in each category
- Essential cookies
- We use essential cookies to remember your settings and preferences, like the language you prefer and your privacy settings.
- Essential cookies let you log in and out of Open Dialogue.
- Essential cookies are just one way we protect you from security risks. For example, we use them to detect when someone might be trying to hack your Open Dialogue account or spam the Open Dialogue community.
- We use analytics cookies to make Open Dialogue better. For example, these cookies tell us how many people use a certain feature and how popular it is, or whether people open an email we send.
- We also use marketing cookies to gather additional information on our users to accurately provide a complete service to our clients who purchase our user insights.